We’re off on another adventure! Significant nervousness around the still large number of unknowns:
- I’m planning to not take a laptop this time. Madness? We’ve both recently bought tablets (although my Nexus-9 is still in Kowloon, according to the tracking web-site) and don’t really have enough experience with them to know if they’ll do the job. Do I need to take a hard-drive to back-up photos? Can I even do that from a tablet?
- Will our big jackets and boots fit into our suitcases? The tripod?
- Will there be enough light in the Arctic to see the scenery, let alone take tourist photos?
- Should I take the old Garmin GPS, or install an app on one or both of our phones? Probably just one more thing to charge overnight: six is probably enough (two camera batteries, two phones, two tablets…) Hmm. Maybe I should look for one of those multi-socket USB power supplies, instead of taking the usual plug-board. Probably smaller.
- Have we got all of the deposits paid and tickets purchased?
- The list goes on. Perhaps I’ll edit this along the way, as I remember more things that need to be worried-about…
Very excited, though!